§ 1 Information regarding the collection of personal data
(1) The following is to inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that are personally referable to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The controller pursuant to Art. 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
You can contact our data protection officer and send an email to:
or by post and indicate as reference “Data protection”.
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, if applicable your name and address and your telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data arising in this context when their storage is no longer necessary, or put restrictions on their processing if statutory retention obligations apply.
Should health data be required for optimal consultation, you agree that we process the information provided, insofar as this is necessary for answering questions and making recommendations. (Legal basis: Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR)
(4) If we make use of contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, details about the respective processes are given below. In this context, we also communicate the defined criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us regarding the personal data that refer to you:
- right to access;
- right to correction or deletion;
- right to restriction of processing;
- right to object against the processing;
- right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint against us with a supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When using the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we will collect only the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee its stability and security (legal basis is Art.6 (1) first sentence 1 lit. (f) GDPR):
- IP address;
- date and time of the request;
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT);
- content of the request (specific page);
- access status/HTTP status code;
- the amount of data transferred in each case;
- website from which the request is sent;
- operating system and its interface
- language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk/device in the browser you use and through which certain information flows to the place that sets the cookie (here by us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are used to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and overall more effective.
(a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functioning of which are explained below:
- transient cookies (see b)
- persistent cookies (see c).
(b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser. These include in particular the session cookies. They store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to the one session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
(c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
(d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse the acceptance of third-party cookies or any cookies at all. Please note that if you do this, not all functions of this website may be used to their full extent.
(f) The Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your device. These objects store the required data independently of your browser and do not have an automatic expiry date. If you do not wish Flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, e.g. "Better Privacy" for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and your browser history manually.
§ 4 Further functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services you can use if you wish to. As a rule, you must then provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass your personal data on to a third party if we offer participation in promotions, competitions, conclusion of contracts or similar services together with partners. For more information, please provide your personal data or see the description of the offer below.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the resulting consequences in the description of the offer.
§ 5 Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke such consent at any time. The revocation has an impact on the permissibility of the processing of your personal data as soon as you have uttered it.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is specifically the case if processing is not necessary to fulfil a contract with you, which is addressed in each of the following descriptions of the functions. When exercising such objection, you are requested to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or communicate to you our compelling legitimate grounds worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing.
(3) Of course, you are free to object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us about your objection against advertising under the contact data mentioned above.
§ 6 Web Analytics and other media
(1) Use of Matomo (until 2017: Piwik)
a) If you have activated it, this website uses the Matomo web analysis service to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. With the help of the statistics obtained, we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Matomo is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. (f) GDPR.
c) This website uses Matomo with the extension "AnonymizeIP". This ensures that IP addresses are processed in truncated form only and prevents them from being traced to a specific person. The IP address transferred by your browser through Matomo is not combined with other data that we collect.
d) The Matomo program is an open source project. Information on data protection from the third-party provider can be obtained from https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/.
(2) YouTube videos
a) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offer, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and can be accessed directly from our website. [These are all integrated in the "extended privacy mode", i.e. that no data about you as a user will be transmitted to YouTube if you do not access the videos. Data referred to in paragraph 2 above will be transmitted only if you access the videos. We have no influence on this data transmission.]
b) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data specified in § 3 of this Privacy Notice will be transmitted. This is independent of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation takes place in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
a) The Slideshare platform of SlideShare Inc, 1 Montgomery St., Suite 1300, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA is used or linked on the websites operated by us, in particular to publish our own publications.
c) Please note that we do not use any Slideshare plugins on our websites.
§ 7 Newsletter
(1) If you so consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter containing information about our current interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are named in the declaration of consent / order form.
(2) We use the double opt-in procedure for newsletter subscriptions. This means that, following receipt of your registration, we will send you an e-mail to the specified e-mail address in which we ask you to confirm your intention to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within [24 hours], your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store your IP address and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to identify possible abuse of your personal data.
(3) The only mandatory information for receiving the newsletter is your e-mail address. Submitting further, separately marked data is voluntary and is used to address you personally. Following your confirmation, we will save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. (a) GDPR.
(4) You can withdraw your consent to receive the newsletter at any time and cancel the newsletter. You can declare your cancellation by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail, by e-mail to info(a)manfred-sauer.de, or by sending a message to the contact details given in the “Legal” section.
(5) We use rapidmail to send our newsletter. Your data will therefore be transmitted to rapidmail GmbH. It is prohibited for rapidmail GmbH to use your data for purposes other than sending the newsletter. rapidmail GmbH is not permitted to pass on or sell your data. rapidmail is a German, certified newsletter software provider which has been carefully selected in accordance with the requirements of the DSGVO and the BDSG.