§ 1 Information regarding the collection of personal data
(1) The following is to inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that are personally referable to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The controller pursuant to Art. 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
You can contact our data protection officer and send an email to:
or by post and indicate as reference “Data protection”.
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, if applicable your name and address and your telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. . If, as a result of your enquiry, a contract is initiated or a contract is created, we refer to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b DSGVO [General Data Protection Regulation]. We delete the data arising in this context when their storage is no longer necessary, or put restrictions on their processing if statutory retention obligations apply.
Should health data be required for optimal consultation, you agree that we process the information provided, insofar as this is necessary for answering questions and making recommendations. (Legal basis: Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a [General Data Protection Regulation].)
(4) If we make use of contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, details about the respective processes are given below. In this context, we also communicate the defined criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us regarding the personal data that refer to you:
- right to access;
- right to correction or deletion;
- right to restriction of processing;
- right to object against the processing;
- right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint against us with a supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When using the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we will collect only the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee its stability and security (legal basis is Art.6 (1) first sentence 1 lit. (f) GDPR):
- IP address;
- date and time of the request;
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT);
- content of the request (specific page);
- access status/HTTP status code;
- the amount of data transferred in each case;
- website from which the request is sent;
- operating system and its interface
- language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk/device in the browser you use and through which certain information flows to the place that sets the cookie (here by us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are used to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and overall more effective.
(a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functioning of which are explained below:
- transient cookies (see b)
- persistent cookies (see c).
(b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser. These include in particular the session cookies. They store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to the one session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
(c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
(d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse the acceptance of third-party cookies or any cookies at all. Please note that if you do this, not all functions of this website may be used to their full extent.
(f) The Flash cookies used are not recorded by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your device. These objects store the required data independently of your browser and do not have an automatic expiry date. If you do not wish Flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, e.g. "Better Privacy" for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and your browser history manually.
§ 4 Further functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services you can use if you wish to. As a rule, you must then provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass your personal data on to a third party if we offer participation in promotions, competitions, conclusion of contracts or similar services together with partners. For more information, please provide your personal data or see the description of the offer below.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the resulting consequences in the description of the offer.
§ 5 Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke such consent at any time. The revocation has an impact on the permissibility of the processing of your personal data as soon as you have uttered it.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on the weighing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is specifically the case if processing is not necessary to fulfil a contract with you, which is addressed in each of the following descriptions of the functions. When exercising such objection, you are requested to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or communicate to you our compelling legitimate grounds worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing.
(3) Of course, you are free to object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us about your objection against advertising under the contact data mentioned above.
§ 6 Applications
(1) If there are vacancies at a time, they will be advertised on our website. You can apply by e-mail or by post.
(2) The legal basis for the processing of the data is Art. 88 DSGVO [General Data Protection Regulation]. in conjunction with Art. 26 BDSG [Federal Data Protection Act].
(3) Insofar as special categories of personal data within the meaning of Art. 9 (1) DSGVO [General Data Protection Regulation] are voluntarily disclosed within the scope of the application procedure., they are additionally processed in accordance with Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a DSGVO [General Data Protection Regulation] (e.g. health data, such as severely disabled status, or ethnic origin.)
(4) The processing of personal data serves us solely for the processing of the application.
(5) The data are stored for a maximum of 6 months in accordance with the legal requirements.
(6) All personal data will be deleted after the statutory retention period has expired. If personal data are collected on the basis of consent, the applicant has the option to revoke this consent at any time for the future.
§ 7 Web Analytics and other media
(1) Use of Matomo
a) If you have activated it, this website uses the Matomo web analysis service to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. With the help of the statistics obtained, we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Matomo is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. (f) GDPR.
c) This website uses Matomo with the extension "AnonymizeIP". This ensures that IP addresses are processed in truncated form only and prevents them from being traced to a specific person. The IP address transferred by your browser through Matomo is not combined with other data that we collect.
d) The Matomo program is an open source project. Information on data protection from the third-party provider can be obtained from https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/.
(2) YouTube Videos
a) We have integrated YouTube videos into our online offer, which are stored on www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all integrated in "extended data protection mode", i.e. no data about you as a user are transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data mentioned in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transmission.
b) In consequence of your visit to the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding sub-page of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration are transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account via which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not want your data to be associated with your YouTube profile, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or designing its website in line with requirements. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles. To exercise this right you must contact YouTube.
(3) Use of Google Maps
(1) To display the routes and location information, we use various services of Google Inc (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter "Google") on our website. These are in detail Google Maps, Google Maps Directions, - Distance, - Geocoding and - Geolocation. These services provided by Google are each integrated into our website via so-called API interfaces.
a) The Slideshare platform of SlideShare Inc, 1 Montgomery St., Suite 1300, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA is used or linked on the websites operated by us, in particular to publish our own publications.
c) Please note that we do not use any Slideshare plugins on our websites.
§ 8 Newsletter
(1) If you so consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter containing information about our current interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are named in the declaration of consent / order form.
(2) We use the double opt-in procedure for newsletter subscriptions. This means that, following receipt of your registration, we will send you an e-mail to the specified e-mail address in which we ask you to confirm your intention to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within [24 hours], your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store your IP address and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to identify possible abuse of your personal data.
(3) The only mandatory information for receiving the newsletter is your e-mail address. Submitting further, separately marked data is voluntary and is used to address you personally. Following your confirmation, we will save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. (a) GDPR.
(4) You can withdraw your consent to receive the newsletter at any time and cancel the newsletter. You can declare your cancellation by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail, by e-mail to info(a)manfred-sauer.de, or by sending a message to the contact details given in the “Legal” section.
(5) We use rapidmail to send our newsletter. Your data will therefore be transmitted to rapidmail GmbH. It is prohibited for rapidmail GmbH to use your data for purposes other than sending the newsletter. rapidmail GmbH is not permitted to pass on or sell your data. rapidmail is a German, certified newsletter software provider which has been carefully selected in accordance with the requirements of the DSGVO and the BDSG.
§ 9 Shipping Service
We process your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), if these are necessary for the fulfilment of a contract and for the implementation of pre-contractual measures (Legal basis: Art. 6 Abs.1 S. 1 lit.b GDPR)
For the shipment of orders, we work together with external shipping service providers (e.g. DHL Paket). In order to fulfil this service, the following personal data will be handed over to the shipping service provider, provided that you have consented to the data transfer:
- First name, family name
- Delivery address, possibly additives
- Postal number (for the purpose of delivery to a DHL Packstation [automated parcel deposit])
- E-mail address (for the purpose of parcel announcement)
(Legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a GDPR)
If you have not consented to the transfer of your personal data, no data transfer to the shipping service provider will take place. We would like to point out that this does not allow a package announcement or change of delivery.
To prevent the package announcement, you also have the option of objecting within each individual package announcement. For more information, see
§ 10 Customer Satisfaction Survey, LamaPoll
(1) As part of the customer satisfaction survey, we process personal data of our customers for the purpose of market research. This only includes the IP addresses that are recorded when you visit the customer satisfaction survey. The collected IP addresses are not analysed or evaluated in any other way. In this respect, the customer satisfaction survey is carried out in anonymous form.
(2) For the customer satisfaction survey, we use the external service provider LamaPoll. As part of the customer satisfaction survey, the IP address is made available to the service provider so that they can provide the service owed to us. These service providers are obliged within the framework of an order processing contract pursuant to Art. 28 GDPR to process your data only in accordance with our instructions.
Furthermore, LamaPoll only uses technically necessary cookies to prevent an IP address from participating in the customer satisfaction survey several times. In addition, LamaPoll does not use tracking or web analysis cookies to analyse user behaviour.
(3) The legal basis for the processing is the post-contractual relationship with our customers in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR. In addition, the legal basis for the processing is our legitimate interest under Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(4) We only store the data for as long as it is necessary to achieve the purpose. After the purpose has been reached, we will delete or block your data as soon as any statutory retention periods are no longer effective.
Other Social Media Plug-ins in Use
1) We are currently using the following additional social media plug-ins:
2) We use the so-called two-click solution. This means that when you visit our site, no personal data will be passed on to the providers of the plug-ins. You can recognize the provider of the plug-in via the marking on the box via its initial letter or the logo. We give you the opportunity to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the selected field and thereby activate it, the plug-in provider receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online offer. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. In the case of Facebook and the like, according to the respective providers in Germany, the IP address is anonymized immediately after collection. By activating the plug-in, personal data of yours will be transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (at US providers in the USA). Since the plug-in provider collects data in particular via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies via the security settings of your browser before clicking on the greyed-out box.
3) We have no influence on the collected data and data processing operations, nor are we aware of the full scope of the data collection, the purposes of the processing, the storage periods. Neither is there any information available to us regarding the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
4) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or needs-based design of his website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for non-logged-in users) to display needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles. In order to exercise this right, you must contact the respective plug-in provider. Through the plug-ins, we offer you the opportunity to interact with the social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of plug-ins is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO [General Data Protection Regulation].
5) The data are passed on regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in to the plug-in provider, your data collected by us will be assigned directly to your existing account with the plug-in provider. If you press the activated button and e.g. create a link to the page, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and communicates it publicly to your contacts. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, but especially before activating the button. That way, you can avoid an assignment to your profile with the plug-in provider.
6) Further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the data protection declarations of these providers provided below. There you will also find further information about your rights in this regard and setting options to protect your privacy.
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other as well as http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo.
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy.
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Pinterest Europe Ltd., Palmerston House, 2nd Floor, Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Ireland; policy.pinterest.com/de/privacy-policy ; https://policy.pinterest.com/de/cookies
- WhatsApp Inc., WhatsApp Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, California 94025; https://www.whatsapp.com/legal/#privacy-policy
Information about your right to object Art. 21 DSGVO [General Data Protection Regulation].
You have the right at any time against the processing of your data based on Article 6 (1) f DSGVO [General Data Protection Regulation] (data processing on the basis of a balancing of interests) to file an objection if there are reasons for doing so, which arise from your particular situation. This also applies to profiling based on this provision within the meaning of Article 4 No. 4 DSGVO [General Data Protection Regulation].
If you object, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
The objection can be made informally and can be addressed to the contacts mentioned under § 1.